Here’s the latest round-up of press releases we’ve scoured the internets (all of them) to bring you! From Johnny Depp Mad Hattin’ to a Resurgence of aliens that Will Smif wasn’t able to welcome back to Earf! This is the Inside Press Release.
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Step through the magical looking glass and behind the scenes to discover how filmmakers created this riveting return to the whimsical world of Underland! Lewis Carroll’s “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” forever changed the landscape of children’s literature; Disney’s animated Alice in Wonderland embraced this fantasy world filled with peculiar characters; and Tim Burton directed a visually-stunning, live-action film that mesmerized audiences worldwide. On Oct. 18, 2016, the enchanting and beloved franchise that has captivated generations of adventurers continues when Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass arrives home on Digital HD, Blu-ray™, Disney Movies Anywhere, DVD and On-Demand.
In Alice Through the Looking Glass, the all-star cast from the 2010 blockbuster is back with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter who’s desperately searching for his family; Anne Hathaway as Mirana, the kind, mild-mannered White Queen; Helena Bonham Carter as Iracebeth, the short-tempered, big-headed Red Queen; and Mia Wasikowska as Alice, the heroine at the heart of the story. Sacha Baron Cohen joins the ensemble as Time, a magical being that is part human, part clock, and the late Alan Rickman—to whom the film is dedicated—is the voice of Absolem, the blue Monarch butterfly who metamorphosed from the blue caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland.
Fascinating, in-depth bonus features invite in-home audiences to further explore the whimsical world of Underland. Three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood reveals the creative process behind the film’s ornate costuming; P!nk provides on-set access during production of her “Just Like Fire” music video; Sacha Baron Cohen showcases his quirky new character, Time; and Director James Bobin offers insightful audio commentary and introduces five, never-before-seen deleted scenes.
Bonus features include:
DIGITAL HD/SD & BLU-RAY:
- A Stitch in Time: Costuming Wonderland – Three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (“Alice in Wonderland,” “Memoirs of a Geisha”) explains how costuming helps shape the curious characters of Underland and reveals hidden Easter Eggs within the cast’s ornate outfits.
- Music Video: “Just Like Fire” by P!nk – “Watch this madness, colorful charade” in P!nk’s music video for “Just Like Fire,” the hit song featured in “Alice Through the Looking Glass” that powered to the top 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100.
- Behind the Music Video – Go on set with P!nk for production of her “Just Like Fire” music video, featuring fantastical imagery, aerial stunts, Underland character cameos, and guest appearances by P!nk’s family.
- Behind The Looking Glass – Jump back and forth through time during this in-depth look into the making of “Alice Through the Looking Glass,” hosted by director James Bobin.
- Time On… – Delight in this discussion with the unpredictable and witty Sacha Baron Cohen who plays Time, the keeper of the Chronosphere, a metallic sphere that powers all time.
- Alice Goes Through the Looking Glass: A Scene Peeler – View a side-by-side comparison of raw production footage and final scenes, as Alice enters Underland through a magical looking glass.
- Alice Goes Through Time’s Castle: A Scene Peeler – View raw production footage alongside final scenes, as Alice enters Time’s castle of eternity.
- Characters of Underland – Get to know the quirky and colorful supporting characters in Underland, such as the tubby twins known as the Tweedles (Matt Lucas) and Absolem (Alan Rickman), the blue caterpillar turned blue Monarch butterfly.
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary by James Bobin – Director James Bobin delivers scene-by-scene insight into the creation of “Alice Through the Looking Glass.”
- Deleted Scenes with Director Commentary – Bobin introduces five never-before-seen scenes that didn’t make the final cut of Disney’s spectacular adventure.
- A Stitch in Time: Costuming Wonderland
Proving once again that high society life is captivating and amusing, four-time Academy Award® winner Woody Allen (Best Original Screenplay, Midnight in Paris¸ 2012; Best Original Screenplay, Hannah and Her Sisters, 1986; Best Director and Best Original Screenplay, Annie Hall; 1977) wrote and directed Café Society, arriving on Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital HD), DVD (plus Digital), Digital HD and On Demand October 18 from Lionsgate. The all-star cast of this 1930s romantic comedy includes Jeannie Berlin (Inherent Vice), Academy Award®nominees Steve Carell (Best Actor, Foxcatcher, 2014) and Jesse Eisenberg (Best Actor, The Social Network, 2010), alongside actors Blake Lively (Gossip Girl), Parker Posey (Irrational Man), Kristen Stewart (Twilight), Corey Stoll (House of Cards) and Ken Stott (The Hobbit).
Set in the 1930s, Woody Allen’s romance Café Society follows Bronx-born Bobby Dorfman (Jesse Eisenberg) to Hollywood, where he falls in love, and back to New York with his colorful Bronx family, where he is swept up in the vibrant world of high society nightclub life.
The Café Society home entertainment release special features include a look at the red carpet at the Café Society premiere and a photo gallery. Café Society will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.
BLU-RAY / DVD/ DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
- On The Red Carpet
- Photo Gallery
Independence Day: Resurgence
Twenty years after mysterious aliens nearly wiped out humankind, they’re back with a vengeance in this explosive sequel to the original blockbuster hit, Independence Day! Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth developed a vast defense program to protect the planet, led by Jeff Goldblum, returning as brilliant scientist David Levinson. But nothing could prepare us for a new invasion of unprecedented scale—and only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can save our world from extinction. Co-starring Liam Hemsworth and Jesse T. Usher alongside returning fan favorites Bill Pullman and Brent Spiner, Independence Day: Resurgence is an action-packed thrill ride from start to finish! Arrives on Digital HD on September 27 and on 4K Ultra HD Disc, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD October 18.
Amazing special features include eight deleted scenes, a featurette on “The War of 1996,” the morning show parody “It’s Early, ABQ” featuring Jeff Goldblum, Judd Hirsch and Liam Hemsworth, a gag reel, audio commentary from Roland Emmerich, the documentary “Another Day: The Making of Independence Day: Resurgence and more.
Independence Day: Resurgence Special Features (Available on All Formats)
• Eight Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
• The War of 1996
• It’s Early, ABQ!
• Another Day: The Making of Independence Day: Resurgence (available as Digital HD Extra on DVD)
• Gag Reel
• Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
• Concept Art
• Theatrical Trailers and TV Spot
Our Kind of Traitor
From master spy novelist John le Carré – best-selling author of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and A Most Wanted Man – Ewan McGregor (Trainspotting) and Naomie Harris (Skyfall) star in the suspense-filled espionage thriller Our Kind of Traitor, arriving on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD), DVD (plus Digital), and On Demand October 18 from Lionsgate. Our Kind of Traitor will also be available on Digital HD on October 4. Featuring an international cast including Stellan Skarsgård (Avengers: Age of Ultron) and Golden Globe® winner Damian Lewis (TV’s “Homeland”), the edge-of-your-seat thriller follows two people whose whole life is turned upside down when they step in to help a stranger. Our Kind of Traitor is written by Hossein Amini and directed by Susanna White.
While on vacation, a married couple unwittingly befriends a flamboyant and charismatic Russian named Dima, who – unbeknownst to them – is a kingpin money launderer for the mafia. When Dima confides to his new friends that he plans to escape from the mob, they’re quickly swept into the dangerous world of international espionage. The unlikely companions must undertake a perilous journey through Paris, Bern, and London and form an unsettling alliance with a ruthless British MI6 agent in order to save Dima and his family.
The Our Kind of Traitor home entertainment release special features include a “Making of Our Kind of Traitor” featurette and deleted scenes, as well as a look at the cast and the book the film is based on. Our Kind of Traitor will be available on Blu-ray and DVD for the suggested retail price of $24.99 and $19.98, respectively.
BLU-RAY / DVD/ DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
• Deleted Scenes
• “The Making of Our Kind of Traitor” Featurette
• “The Cast” Featurette
• “The Story” Featurette